Thursday, November 26, 2015

Rushed Resignation

When I parted from ministry on the Atlantic, the Church and I entered into a bilateral agreement (see the previous post). The Church would fulfil its obligations towards me, and I would hand in my resignation. A memorandum records: "Resign on condition all finalised." In trust, I handed in my resignation -- however I did not date it. The date would be added the day the agreement was fufilled. But some individuals fell over themselves to get the undated resignation to a meeting, as fast as they could. They declared to the congregation that I had resigned. I asked a respected attorney to assess the matter. He gave his opinion in writing: "The Memorandum has been breached in various respects," and as for "Resign on condition all finalised," he wrote: "This condition was not met." He mailed his opinion to the Church. OBSERVATION: I am now registered as a minister of the Church, and I attend occasionally, but I do not serve there.

No comments: