Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Considerable Effort To Suppress

I blogged yesterday about my difficulty in presenting a request for information to the police. The police got back to me today -- with two days to run in the appeal process. What this is about: I have wanted to see the information on which two sets of charges were brought against me during my urban ministry -- both of which were dismissed. However there has been considerable effort to suppress this information. The history will speak for itself:
• At the start, I approached my accusers for the information, personally. They did not respond.
• I made requests to the police for the information, personally. They refused.
• I sent the police an official request for the information. They sent me an unlawful refusal.
• I handed them a request of the senior prosecutor for the information. They granted me access to it, but quickly reversed this.
• Then under oath, to justify the reversal, they committed perjury.
• I again sent the police an official request for the information. Again they sent me an unlawful refusal.
• Then they severely threatened me: drop this or else. But their threat was recorded.
• I sent an attorney to obtain the information. The police turned him away.
• Again I sent an attorney. Again they turned him away.
• The police then made a false statement: I had never been charged, so there was no information.
• They made another false statement: I was still charged, so I was not entitled to the information.
• Then they asked me, could we start again. I should submit another official request. I submitted it, but they refused it without reason.
• Finally, I lodged an official appeal.
This morning the police called me up: the documents which I seek are presently not in their place in the archives. With the appeal expiring in two days' time, it looks to me like the end of this particular road. OBSERVATION: Again and again, I have been told by legal experts: what then is the problem? Of course you should have that information. 

No comments: