Monday, September 18, 2017

Defining Ministry

Somebody asked me what has defined my ministry. I have described it like this -- bearing in mind that when I say “I”, I really mean “we”:
• I seek to serve the Bible “neat” (as in “neat” whisky), both as foundation and message.
• I seek to create a genuine priesthood of believers, where congregants are fully entrusted with ministry.
• I seek to uphold government by the members, a direct democracy under Christ.
• I seek a complete family in the Church, holding together all differences, whether age, culture, status, even language or denomination. And
• I am not into branding, targeting, strategising, and so on, but seek an organic development through the Spirit. 
The rest springs from the above. OBSERVATION: Each of these points has, at one time or another, been opposed in my ministr(ies) -- yet together, they have made for thriving Churches.

No comments: