Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Fierce And Amiable

Recently I put up extracts on my blog of a psychological report about me, prepared many years ago. I said there that there was a more interesting report. That was an OARS report (pictured). The core finding, as best I remember, was that I was "fierce" on the inside, "amiable" on the outside. There was a great disparity. OBSERVATION: I was told that that could be a great advantage in ministry: a tough minister with a gentle exterior -- but it could also be problematic: not so much because the minister is tough inside, but because people think he is soft. That could lead people to make errors of judgement which bring them face to face with the tough side. Something like that. The other report merely said that I was both tough and gentle, without going that level deeper.

No comments: