Monday, February 19, 2018

Thoughts About Raids

During the past five years, I experienced many search and seize raids. These mostly came in clusters, with more than thirty separate intrusions to locked spaces. As best I know, just one attempted raid failed (a door lock had to be drilled out to get us back into our home). Now if one thinks that anything can escape such a raid, one should think again. These raids were unbelievably slick, thorough, and powerful. But the raiders had a challenge -- I had a huge amount of information in a few locations, and I was moving between them. The first raids missed the critical core. When I realised what was up, I had to think what to do. Besides, who was it? What were they after? I still held a lot of information -- academic, medical, personal, financial, and so on, and it could take "forever" to copy or secure it. As it happens, I guessed right, and secured all critical information, which went on to survive further raids. Today, there is compelling evidence who did it -- I made an affidavit last week. OBSERVATION: It wasn't easy to cope with such chaos. Once, someone reported a search and seize raid while I was in a missions meeting. Someone in the meeting said: "I can't believe you are so calm about it!" Well, yes and no. Unfortunately, information did go missing which mattered to me -- for example, my personal notebooks.

No comments: